Thursday, August 18, 2016

Preview - First Stage of the Trip

The first stage of this trip takes me from Roanoke Virginia to Paris, via Atlanta, and on to Rabat, the capital of Morocco.  Then a bus ride to Marrakech, a day and a night of sightseeing, and over the Atlas Mountains to the Sahara desert town of Ouarzazate, pictured below.  My intention is to use three days in the desert as a buffer between my real life in the US as well as the travel stress and a major purpose of the trip, the Camino de Santiago.


 Kasbah Taourirt

My posts from the Way will be mostly pictures of my journal page - written for my friends and one or two local pictures of things seen since the last post.  I'm using very simple technology, so there may be times when I can only post once a week, but I'll try to share the highlights with you.


And I'll always try to include a map - here is one to give you an idea of my overland Morocco first stages.



2 comments:

Featured Post

How This Blog Name Came About